Friday 28 April 2017

It's been a long time

Photo by RMO
How's things?  It's been a long time since my last blog post.  A lot has changed and transpired in my life. One major thing, I now live and work in the City of Sails, Auckland.

I still am adjusting to the hectic pace and the horrendous traffic this city is getting (in)famous for.  I also notice a certain rudeness of motorists and pedestrians alike.  Must be the frenzy of earning a living, amidst a mass of people, all competing for the almighty dollar.

One thing though that I'm quite thankful and happy for, is the fact that since it's a very cosmopolitan city, one can experience a diverse range of gastronomic and culinary cuisines and delights.  The city has so much to offer in terms of eating out with restaurant names like the Blind Basket, Murder Burger, Shaolin Kung Fu Noodle, to name a few.

You are no longer confined to just the Auckland CBD.  The places wherein you could go and eat has spread out all over the city.  And I noticed a proliferation of cafes and coffee shops, especially in the suburbs.  This is going to be an interesting time for me and I'll keep you posted as often as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment